ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Christianity - Christian
 The Potters House Christian Fellowship (PH)
 Mitchell has lost it, proves he is a liar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

why-let-it-happen
Midshipman

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2009 :  21:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mitchell sends this lettter out, next post is the reply from a council member, this is eye opening stuff here.

To: [63 recipients removed]
Subject:
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:36:32 +0800
Dear Pastor,
This letter is to bring you up to date concerning the Australian ministry, leadership, and Beechboro
Congregation. I was asked by the Church Council of Beechboro to come help the church upon their request
for the resignation of Pastor David Vicary, December 31st 2008. This was in light of a number of their
concerns over Pastor Vicary’s leadership including as they have told me, a concern he was moving to pull
the Beechboro Church and the Australian Fellowship from their connection to Prescott Arizona and the World
Christian Fellowship under the Leadership of Pastor Wayman O Mitchell.
I Arrived at their written request January 14th 2009, shortly thereafter, on February 1st 2009, Pastor David
Vicary opened a new church called Eternity Christian Center at the Morley Community Center, taking as
many people as he could to follow. He has since taken legalcovering from the Assemblies of God of
Australia.
The Beechboro Church was able to host the Australian Conference in March 9th-13th, 2009 very successfully
and pay for all the expenses, (with your generous help) changes and replacements triggered by the events of
Pastor Vicary. Some young pastors have become de-stabilized by subsequent isolation by Pastor Vicary
which one mature australian pastor characterized his activity as that of a “Spiritual Pedophile”. Over all most
of the Pastors and leaders have continued to press on with Kingdom Business. The Beechboro Church is
very strong, stable and vibrant with a spirit of revival. A recent new converts class had 15 in attendance.
Some 21 new converts were baptised in water in April with another healthy group to be baptised June 28th.
I am bringing Pastor Tom Payne in to pastor the Beechboro Church and lead the Australian Fellowship.
Pastor Payne has a long and fruitful ministry. He has pioneered and pastored, been a missionary to Kenya
and presently pastored Gallup New Mexico, a Conference and Leadership Church. He also is a long term
member of the Board of Elders of the Christian Fellowship Churches Worldwide.
I have confidence you will be blessed by Tom Payne’s ministry and his mature, balanced and experienced
leadership. He represents our world ministry, the Board of Elders and me, under God. I know the Lord will
continue the work He has begun. I look forward to seeing you all in the 2010 Australian Bible Conference in
Beechboro, March 8th-12th, 2010.
Yours For Revival Now
Pastor Wayman O. Mitchell.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l3iivl (Mitchell's letter to Aust pastors)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/25aqc3 (Plummer's response, who was on the Council
at the time).

why-let-it-happen
Midshipman

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2009 :  21:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the reply.

To: [40 recipients removed]
Subject: RE: Letter from Pastor Mitchell 24/06 below
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:58:06 +0800
June 25 2009
John Plummer
10 __________ ___
_______ 6062
Dear pastors and wives,
Pastor Mitchell’s letter dated June 24 to Potters House pastors raises a number of factual errors.
1. A request for Ps Vicary’s resignation was not “in light of a number of their concerns
over Ps Vicarys leadership,” but out of concern for the well being of him and his family. Note (it is
not at the church councils discretion to sack or request resignation from its pastor, neither was this
done.)
2. The Beechboro Council expressed no concern to Pastor Mitchell, that Pastor Vicary was “moving
to pull the Beechboro church and the Australian fellowship from their connection to Prescott
Arizona.”
3. The Council’s written request of Jan, 14 2009 (written by me) was done so, not by any initiative
of the Council but under Pastor Mitchell’s direction.
4. “... taking as many people as he could to follow.” Pastor Vicary recruited no one. More than 100
people left the Beechboro church after the announcement on December 31, 2008. Another
hundred left after Pastor Mitchell arrived because of his refusal to offer an explanation. In short,
the congregation left the Potters House and requested Pastor Vicary to be their Pastor.
5. While many pastors have been destabilised by recent events, it is inaccurate to lay the blame for
this with Pastor Vicary and it is slanderous to liken him to a “spiritual paedophile.”
Yours in Christ
John Plummer
Former Head Usher, Senior Council member, Beechboro Church Council (25 years)
Now a member of Eternity Christian Church
Galatians 5:14-26 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this, “You shall love your
neighbour as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by
one another! I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the
flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another,
so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under
the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness,
lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions,
dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you
beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit
the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are
Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk
in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l3iivl (Mitchell's letter to Aust pastors)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/25aqc3 (Plummer's response, who was on the Council
at the time).
Go to Top of Page

Skeleton
Lieutenant

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  03:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah he has lost it...he told these lies to me as well. I don't sit under a pastor that lies. How long is it going to be before people see the lies for the liar that produces them. He is not interested in the Church of God but in promoting his own agenda. How can a man of God ever call someone a pedophile like this. I heard a sermon from last sunday and he names Pastor Vicary and slanders him over the pulpit. Said the Church was dead before he got there and took over. Well the Church was running almost 600 people with new converts everywhere and people being added to the church.

That sound like a dead church to you?

Don't sit under a liar...God hold's you responsible for the truth.
Go to Top of Page

rosie
Midshipman

7 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2009 :  20:09:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Excellent post Skeleton!!! and oh so true. Wished I had seen it years ago when poeple were trying to tell me then, the scales have fallen off my eyes and I can now see the truth. Thankyou Jesus!!
Go to Top of Page

wcwarren
Midshipman

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2009 :  23:00:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I'll round off this little discussion with some balance.

Clearly the Potters House and Christian Fellowship Ministries is a fantastic move of God and a great place to serve Him. John Plummer testifies to this in his 25 years of faithful service and seeing the Beechboro congregation grow so strongly to over 600 people. Nothing has changed and the fellowship is stronger than ever!

Is is sad to see people walk away from all they believe in over some personality differences even if these are with the founder of the fellowship himself.

Some feel that anywhere else is a better place to serve God but if evangelism, discipleship and church planting are your calling and passion then your local CFM church is still the best place on the planet to serve God.

I was saved into the fellowship 21 years ago and look forward to the next 21 years and more as I walk with God's calling and see countless more souls won for the kingdom and new churches established everywhere.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

ems4christ
Midshipman

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2010 :  00:46:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
a dead church..... thats had more people saved than ever before

:)

quote:
Originally posted by Skeleton

Yeah he has lost it...he told these lies to me as well. I don't sit under a pastor that lies. How long is it going to be before people see the lies for the liar that produces them. He is not interested in the Church of God but in promoting his own agenda. How can a man of God ever call someone a pedophile like this. I heard a sermon from last sunday and he names Pastor Vicary and slanders him over the pulpit. Said the Church was dead before he got there and took over. Well the Church was running almost 600 people with new converts everywhere and people being added to the church.

That sound like a dead church to you?

Don't sit under a liar...God hold's you responsible for the truth.

Go to Top of Page

sadtohear
Sub Lieutenant

22 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2010 :  04:10:05  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Well said Wes!

"Time is the enemy of flawed character..."

My issue with these type of church "divisions", "splits" or "divorces" is that everyone is willing to make their point or argument at the expense of the congregation as a whole. These type of decisions never end well, a true shepherd is to "lay down his life for the sheep"....

quote:
Originally posted by wcwarren

I'll round off this little discussion with some balance.

Clearly the Potters House and Christian Fellowship Ministries is a fantastic move of God and a great place to serve Him. John Plummer testifies to this in his 25 years of faithful service and seeing the Beechboro congregation grow so strongly to over 600 people. Nothing has changed and the fellowship is stronger than ever!

Is is sad to see people walk away from all they believe in over some personality differences even if these are with the founder of the fellowship himself.

Some feel that anywhere else is a better place to serve God but if evangelism, discipleship and church planting are your calling and passion then your local CFM church is still the best place on the planet to serve God.

I was saved into the fellowship 21 years ago and look forward to the next 21 years and more as I walk with God's calling and see countless more souls won for the kingdom and new churches established everywhere.

Edited by - sadtohear on 28 Dec 2010 04:31:04
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects © 2005 to 2018 forumsau.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.                        You must Register and Confirm your email, and then log in first before posting! Snitz Forums 2000