ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Christianity - Christian
 The Potters House Christian Fellowship (PH)
 Gossip and drinking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozkfid
Sub Lieutenant

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2009 :  09:32:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I heard a really good illustration from Greg Laurie in one of his sermons on Vision FM. (Obviously I paraphrase of course)

In relation to drinking alcohol and why not to drink, when asked by people about how much is too much, the answer he gives is.

We know that drinking without being drunk is not wrong but drinking to excess and being drunk is a sin. When you drink any alcohol there is a potential to get drunk so potentially every time you drink there is a possibility you will sin. Why as a Christian would you do what is the possibility of sin. It's a "how close to the edge can I get without going over".

I think in some of the statements we make in how close is it to gossip before we go over the edge. We may not actually gossip ourselves but what by what we say can that actually lead to the potential for others to gossip based upon what we have said.

Be very careful about rumors. Even facts that my brothers, cousins best friends, mothers, aunt saw/heard/did should be considered before being shared.

Now before you Internet lawers jump on me The above "quotation" from Greg Laurie is not gossip as I am repeating first hand what I heard. However if any of you quote me you will be gossiping

LOL

Fadi
Lieutenant Commander

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2009 :  20:18:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
It's one thing to state a problem; quite another to come up with a solution. Islam solved the problem of alcohol over 1400 years ago and created the largest society of teetotallers in the world! It's always good to give credit where and to whom credit is due.

Fadi.

If it is not truthful and not helpful, donít say it. If it is truthful and not helpful, donít say it. If it is not truthful and helpful, donít say it. If it is truthful and helpful, wait for the right time.

Pride is concerned with who is right.
Humility is concerned with what is right.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects © 2005 to 2018 forumsau.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds.                        You must Register and Confirm your email, and then log in first before posting! Snitz Forums 2000