Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  21:27:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Rick Ross part 1
Who is Rick Ross?

Rick Ross is often quoted by ex Potters House members. He is often seen as a "cult buster". He doesn't use scripture to attack the church but long winded "tesimonies" from so called "ex members" of the Potters House church. These people who have written on his site could be anyone though, because no name or address is needed to post on his forum. Therefore the validity of these "testimonies" can never be proven.

Common sense tells us that before we look at what a person says it is always important to check to see if the reporter has some sort of bias or a "barrow to push" so to say.

It is interesting to note Rick Ross' hatred towards the gospel in general. Rick is a Jew and does not believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. This is clear by just examining his links which have many
favorable links to Jewish pages, but also many against Messianic Jews Jewish Christians).

For example on the links page under J we have: -------

Jewish Helping Organizations
Jewish Political Advocacy
DOROT--for the Jewish elderly
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
Israel Humanitarian Foundation
Social Action.com
Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life
Orthodox Union--National Council for the Disabled
Orthodox Union--Solidarity Mission to Israel
Long Island Social Work/Hospital Services
National Council of Jewish Women
New York Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services
The New York Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty
Jews For Jesus?
Questions and Answers about Jews for Jesus
"Keepers of the Covenant"
Their Hollow Inheritance
A Jewish Response to the Messianic Movement
Hawking God: A Young Jewish Woman's Ordeal in Jews for Jesus
Jews for Judaism
-------

1) Rick Ross does not just dislike the Potters House but all Pentecostals!

His anti Pentecostal links include

-------
Ex-Pentecostals.org Labels all Pentecostals as misguided and emotional. Origins of the Pentecostal Movement, ORU Labels the Pentecostal movement as unscriptural. 20th Century Tongues: Faith or Fake? Teaches that tongues are fake.
-------

2) In fact Rick Ross loathes all forms of Christianity

Say for example his link http://www.angelfire.com/pa/greywlf/ this site claims that all Born Again Christians are duped and that the bible is not inerrant. He also states that Jesus is not the Way, the Truth and the life. This site has links to other pages such as "Anti Christian links" and has a large amount of pro-homosexual links, even one called "God hates sinners" and another titled "Jesus isn't coming again"!

Most of his links are not Christian based but unsaved Psychiatrists and Physiologists. It is interesting to look at his books link also. He doesn't offer sound Christian literature to refute cults, such as the scholarly works of Dave Hunt or Roger Oakland, but you will find books promoting Judaism - What do Jews Believe: The Spiritual
Foundations of Judaism David S. Ariel (Schocken Books, 1996)

Rick Ross also comes against false prophets such as Benny Hinn and Joyce Myers just as the Potters House does, but Ross is never criticized for this but the Potters House is constantly scorned for doing so, see http://www.trinityfi.org/ !

Conclusion about Rick Ross

Rick Ross is a Christ hating Jew who detests not only the Potters House Church, and the entire Pentecostal movement, but also any form of biblical Christianity. Does this shed a new light on his claims against the Potters House? Are you a Pentecostal? Are you a Christian? Rick Ross claims that you also are just as brain washed
as he falsely declares Potters House Christians are.

Pray for Rick:

1) Pray for his salvation
2) Pray that his lies become exposed
3) Pray that Potters House believers will discern the satanic spirit
behind the words of this "antichrist".

What do you think?
Stay tuned for part 2.

http://www.pottersclub.com/articleshow.asp?art_num=8

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2006 :  16:08:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
See this link to find out about another side to Rick Ross http://www.rrexposed.u2k.biz/

Rick Ross has been activly opposing the Potter's House for many years, but the revealation that he is a Christ hating Jew, and now a homosexual explains why!

Nick

www.pottershouse.com

www.waymanmitchell.com www.pottershouse.com
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2006 :  16:09:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
see also http://www.forumsau.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51

Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  16:30:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I think that is is wrong that on Wikipedia I have tried to add the link http://www.rrexposed.u2k.biz/ and have been rejected. I think that the site is very clear and although very one sided, when you look at the one sided sites against the Potter's House on Wikipedia you can see that it is bias that disallows the link.

Nick

www.pottershouse.com.au

Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  07:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed that he lists alot of churches on his site. Do you think he comes against CFM more than the others or there are just more testimonies from former members?

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2006 :  14:10:17  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
The testimonies are anonymous. The 4-5 people who come against CFM on the net have been busted before for duplicating names on chat rooms. One group claimed 900 people, when their IP's were exposed it was discovered that most of the frequent posters were the same people, and that they were talking to themselves, some pretending to be for the church and some against but were the same person! Crazy I know. But the Ross site is fueled by anonymous letters, and I know that these people have written 90% of them. Most anti "cult" sites just parrot what they see from Ross. It is a shame that Ross couldn't care less about the truth but is into sensationalism. He wouldn't change the site for anything (except money I suppose). I am about to make a site that deals with who these people are and exposing their lives on the net so that people can get another side to the story. I have accumulated much info on these people over the years and am in the process of compiling it all into one file.

As to your question, Rick is a self confessed Homosexual, who hates Jesus and the Church. If the Salvation army were as zealous as they were 100 years ago he would list them. He loves dead christianity, but hates the type that converts people and says that Jesus is the only way. This hatred stems from when someone tried to convert his Jewish grandmother. His hatred to Christ is evident in who he attacks.

Nick.

www.waymanmitchell.com

Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  01:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you nailed it when you said "money". Doesn't matter who you run over as long as the cash flow is coming your way.

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  10:59:52  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
A cult is defined as a group that errs in it's doctines, i.e. a group that has either extra biblical revelations or doesn't adhere to sound biblical truth.

Rick Ross neither believes in the reality of Jesus Chirst or the bible. Therefore he is in fact in a cult called Judaism, which denies Christ and therefore denies the truth!

Nick.

www.waymanmitchell.com

Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  17:29:36  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I am at present writing an article about Rick Ross. I will post each section here. If you have any imput it would be appreciated.

Nick.
www.livingwaters.com/start.shtml

Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  17:57:29  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

My Disclaimer!

Please note that when I refer to Ross on this page I am generally referring to Rick Ross’ website. Rick has a disclaimer on his page that says that he doesn’t personally agree with the information on his site, but has placed it there to “offer the public a resource concerning groups called "cults," controversial organizations and movements.”

So in a nutshell he can put up anything that any Joe says on his site, regardless of their credibility, and is not accountable for doing so. His disclaimer is mostly for legal reasons. So if I say in any article “Rick Ross said such and such”, I understand that Ross would vehemently say, “oh no, I never said that, I am just quoting what others have said!” Therefore disannulling all personal responsibility for his site. If some moron prints that Pastor Mitchell is a Queer by email or in the news somewhere, Ross is only doing his "duty" in reporting it, magnifying it and parroting it, even though it may be proven as misinformation.

So my disclaimer is this, I am not saying that Ross personally believes that the Potter’s House is a cult and that he personally believes that any articles written about the Church on his site are reliable, but am saying that if Ross didn’t have his disclaimer on his site, the following is what I think Ross believed if I hadn’t discovered his disclaimer!

Imagine I was writing an article about a horse. It sounded like a horse, looked like a horse, moved like a horse, smelt like a horse, felt like a horse, and everyone else thought it is a horse, so I conclude that I would buy a saddle and ride the thing. But I didn’t see the notice near the name above the horse in the stable, which said in bold letters “this is a cow, and if you say otherwise there will be legal ramifications,” therefore I declare that this is indeed a cow. An amazingly different cow, that looks, smells, feels, and moves like a horse, but is truly a cow. How about that!

Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  18:18:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
LOL - good one Nick - you nailed it.

Thanks from Kev - Forum and Site Admin
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  18:23:23  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Rick Ross has a one sided bias

Rick Ross does not trust any information stemming from CFM leadership or current members. He believes that the only reliable information comes from former CFM members and secular news reports. He sees all current members who attend the Potter’s House Church as brainwashed and in need of his deprogramming.

Although one would conclude that a former member would have something important to say, it must be remembered that to have a logical balanced view, one must openly look at both sides. For example, an ex member may say to Ross that the Potter’s House is a cult etc, but the pastor and congregation may have another side to the story that brings a neutral point of view or perhaps a negative view upon that person.

For example if the pastor knew that a certain member had committed adultery and was asked to leave the congregation for 6 months, but the person failed to tell Ross of the moral failure and the true reason they were removed from the church, that should bring a nullification of that persons report. If a person in this situation said to Ross that they were made to feel bad, felt controlled, were shunned by other church members etc… she may not actually be lying per se, but when the other side of the coin is revealed, you can then sympathize with why the pastor or church would have removed such a person. The problem is with Ross is that he only tells half of the story, or should I say, he only has the bad news on his site, but never puts any counter arguments. A truth seeking reporter would want to know the full story not just sensationalized media which tells half the story. I conclude that Ross is biased in his reporting of the Potter's House. This must be taken into consideration when looking at anything parroted by Ross on his site.

Also Ross uses anonymous sources! Any Joe can write to Ross and proclaim that they too have been abused, hurt, shunned, etc, by the Church. When they holiday in Florida, they can write a letter to Ross saying the same things over again to solidify Ross' suspicions that these are common claims. The demise of the Slam the Door group has shown to the world that there are at least 5 people who do this on the internet on a daily basis. Because of this, one would conclude that before the net was available, these people did the same via mail and anonymous phone calls. If a person had a full name a contact email or number, then there would be some credibility to that. But there have been people like Ken Haining and Neil Taylor, who have had dozens of aliases and still to this day run internet sites that are linked to by Ross. See: http://www.waymanmitchell.com/Critics.htm

Ross parrots any drivel coming his way about CFM. Why? It is profitable for Rick to claim that CFM is a cult. The more people who think CFM is a cult, the more profitable his anti cult business. The more hits on his website and the more people who need his deprogramming at between $2500 - $5000 dollars a pop!

Nick.
(more to come) What think ye!
www.waymanmitchell.com/Audio_Sermons.htm

Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2006 :  21:51:49  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Rick Ross’ articles generalize inappropriately

Rick Ross’ articles generalize inappropriately, lumping together the Potter’s House with dangerous groups, such as the Peoples Temple, Ku Klux Klan, Waco, and Heavens Gate cults.

To label the Potter’s House a cult in such a broad way is inaccurate. In CFM being highly evangelistic and outspoken, it is certain that it will attract negative feedback. To conclude that CFM is cultic because of this and name CFM amongst groups like the above mentioned is not good research. Yes CFM practices some unconventional methods such as street preaching, street dramas, haunted house drama scenes, etc, but in no way do these make CFM cultic. The Salvation Army used unconventional methods in evangelism but in retrospect are seen by most Christians as heroes and revolutionaries. Conceivably Mitchell is like a modern day William Booth who stirs the pot, but does not deserve to be listed with such derogatory cult titles by Ross. If you study the lives of Luther, Wycliffe, Tyndale, Booth, Finney, Wesley, etc, you will see a common thread of accusation and exaggeration of claims.

Witch Hunt

Rick Ross’ articles create a moral panic and witch hunt through their exaggeration of the harm and dangers of The Potter’s House.

The articles are over sensationalized. By using words and statements like, cult, shunned, authoritarian leadership, brainwashed, trapped, controlling, mind control, abuse etc. But these words need to be correctly defined. If I used these terms about a football club with a coach who was keen to see his team win, I could say he has “authoritarian leadership” and that he “brainwashed” his players to give more than is expected, he was “controlling” the kids who just wanted to have fun etc.

My point is that when someone has a bias, they word things with a negative slant. In this way the general definition of a word is somewhat distorted from the words true meaning in context, thus making it mean anything from being raped to being told off. Take the word “abuse.” It can have such a broad definition. Usually people think of sexual or physical abuse, but the “abuse” Ross’ articles mention also include things like - the pastor not openly displaying a sense of love and warmness, or members of a congregation gossiping or speaking about someone.

The thing is, people read Ross’ site and see the word “abused” amongst the Jonestown articles, Skinhead articles, etc, but then see the same terminology in the Potter’s House articles, when in reality the accusations are no where near like these other cult groups. It is hype to do so. It is also a form of dishonesty. If I claimed that “all the children in that class were abused by their teacher,” referring to sexual abuse, but then said the same thing talking of how the teacher raised his voice in class, there is a world of difference. Ross knows that there is and should define his words better. Or chose better articles to parrot that are not just sensationalized rubbish.

You would think if Ross was interested in the truth about an organization he would interview people who are in it. If Ross ever wants to talk with me or interview about CFM I would be thrilled to do so. If I wanted to know what a J.W. thought or taught, I would ask members straight out because sometimes cult books have things like sales agendas which can influence the content, and also because one is a “cult expert” doesn’t necessarily make them also a bible expert. I believe that most misconceptions about the Potter’s House is because there is not much information about it, i.e. what is really preached and taught, and practiced in CFM, unless you attend a CFM church. Most info about CFM is from Ross who parrots and magnifies the testimonies of “ex members” some of whom have been proven guilty of having many other aliases to project the numbers of angry “ex-members.” This creates a dilemma. Ross won’t let CFM have a say, on his site, but then has only negative articles. In doing so he brings an unbalanced view. I tell people if they want to know about CFM just listen to the audio sermons and meet with some members. In doing so you will find that 99% of what Ross claims is biased one sided trash media. It is like trying to make a judgment about black people when all you read is Ku Klux Klan articles. Go and mingle with them, talk to them, and see what is really being said and done.

The real witch hunt should be aimed at the Slam the Door people who have been proven frauds and openly admit to it. If Ross is a man who is concerned with the truth, he should do an investigation to see how they have lied and manipulated people. He should also take their links from off his site. These people behave 100 times worse than Ross' articles claim CFM does.

Nick.
www.thedoorcfc.com/

Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  10:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My thoughts are are like this: It's so hard to get the true meaning out of the words that are read online or anywhere for that matter that you just have to take it as is. To say that "all" of those people are overexaggerating or even lying is wrong in my opinion. You simply don't know what is going on in every church around the world because you are not their to witness it. I've noticed that Rick Ross does have a very long list of abusive churches, some that even made me wonder if it were true.

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  10:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to me as well that Ross is only putting up what others are sending him. I don't think he is making up all of those testimonies.

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  15:53:19  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
He is not making them up, but is very selective in what sources to use. He uses trash media. I had never heard of anything like what is on Ross' site until I looked at it about 4 years ago. This in itself proves that I am not experienceing anything of what Ross claims. With a fellowship of 1400 churches with 1400 pastors, there is bound to be the odd bad apple, but the stuff on Ross' site is not even that. I has an article titled "Sitter admits killing 3 year old." It seems all kind of spooky, but when you look at it, the Church was no even a Potter's House but was once affiliated with it. The guy was on drugs who did it and mooned the church and had to be removed, and basically has nothing to do with CFM whatsoever. It is stuff like that which makes me realise that Ross is just trying to sensationalize everything, to support his growing business - cults. The Salvation Army were considered a cult at the time of their conception, but are now hailed as heros. CFM is alot like them. But I am grateful to Ross and the Slam the Door people because it says in the bible that we get an extra blessing:

Matt 5:11-12 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Nick. (Rejoicing)

Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  04:48:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it shouldn't matter what you hear people say about your church or even yourself. Everyone has a right to speak his/her mind whether we agree with it or not.

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2006 :  20:50:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
The bible says in Proverbs 6:
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

This sums up Rick Ross and the Slam the Door crew.

Nick.
www.cfmau.com

Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2006 :  06:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed alot about this certain group, Slam the Door. What's your beef with them, other than they don't agree with your beliefs on certain issues?

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2006 :  15:07:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Slam the Door is not just a beef group, because honest discussion and debate is always healthy. But the people there used many different usernames to try to decieve people. For example Ken Haining ran a group called DoorCFC, which the name of the Tucson Potter's House church. He pretended to be a Christian from the Potters House and at the same time under different usernames, pretended to be both for and against the church. He was even a person who left the church while at the same time he was someone mocking that person! Confusing I know! It was all to make the Potter's House seem cultic. He now runs a group claiming that I am a homosexual and have left the church. Recently I complained that they were being unchristian in their pesonal attacks on me I wrote: (please excuse the language, theirs not mine)

"You have called me:
1) a puddle of human waste
2) a liar
3) a rottern m#######r
4) a peice of s##t
5) a homosexual
6) a reprobate
7) a looser
8) totally brainwashed
9) a c##t
10) an A##ehole
11) a ****er
12) a hypocrite
13) a pharisee
14) a legalist
15) a non Chrisian
16) a puppet
17) a spastic
18) foller of Mitchell not Christ
19) a jerk
20) judgemental

just to name a few, I could go on for hours...."

They responded by saying:

"Let's see, you forgot Nick the Retard, Nicky of Sherwood Forest,
idiot, imbecile, bastard, sob, Nick the Dick, Nick the Prick, Goily
Boy, Nicky Poof, heretic, Cultist, blasphemer, stealer of sheep, New
Convert Killer, Accuser of the Brethren, peckerwood, Wayman
Worshipper, profaner of the holy, Antichrist... just to name a few of
my favorites."

So as you can see I have to contend with these Slam the Door people who are obviously unsaved, but claim to be in the will of God. They pretended to be 100's of people but are realy only about 5-10 with different usernames. One even claimed to be my ex, saying what a jerk I was etc.

I think you get the drift....

Nick. (Again sorry for the language, but it is their words not mine)

Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2006 :  00:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they are saying this while being a Christain, then yeah, it's wrong but what can you say if they're not? Not much but still I can see how it would make you feel bad. Are you worried that people will believe what they say about you or your church? I wouldn't let it bother you because everyone has their own opinion (I've stated mine here) and God will look after his own. I guess that's why I've always been that "loner" type. It can be frustrating because you want things to change but it doesn't. The best thing to do is give this to God and keep them in prayer.

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  10:38:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Check this link out.

http://www.waymanmitchell.com/Critics.htm

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects © 2005 to 2018 forumsau.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.                        You must Register and Confirm your email, and then log in first before posting! Snitz Forums 2000