ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Christianity - Christian
 The Potters House Christian Fellowship (PH)
 I was just curious... about dating in the PH
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElijahPHX
Midshipman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2007 :  16:34:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
What is the age that a guy in this fellowship can get a girlfriend? And how are they suppose to start dating? I was just wondering about this. Thanks.

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2007 :  17:37:48  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Dating is a part of marraige. People in the world date for fun, christians date because they are seeking a future mate. If you are at the age where you can be married then start dating, if not it is not wise to date. Having girl friends as friends is great but a guy girl relationship before the mariageable age is unwise. That is my opinion. What do you think?

Nick.

www.waymanmitchell.com www.pottershouse.com
Go to Top of Page

ElijahPHX
Midshipman

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  08:01:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick

Dating is a part of marraige. People in the world date for fun, christians date because they are seeking a future mate. If you are at the age where you can be married then start dating, if not it is not wise to date. Having girl friends as friends is great but a guy girl relationship before the mariageable age is unwise. That is my opinion. What do you think?

Nick.

Yeah I didn't mean dating for fun I meant dating to get married. I want to be in ministry whenever something comes up that I could do. I was just wondering because I know to be in ministry there are rules and I assumed that the rule about dating would either be 16 or 18 because some religions say 16 but I thought that 18 would be better so people wouldn't be tempted to sin. Is there like a list of the rules you have to follow to be in ministry? I know you can't have a TV but thats mostly all I know lol.

Edited by - ElijahPHX on 12 May 2007 08:05:23
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2007 :  17:54:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Basically ministry standards in the Potter's House include, praying for 1 hour a day. Being involved in as much church activities as posible i.e. outreaches, bands, ushering etc, basically just being full on and not lazy or lukewarm. That's about it really. A pastor cannot usually tell if you are full on if you are not "seen" in a sence, but we don't do those things to be seen, but it is good to be involved, because one of the major things in ministry in exampleship - people are following you and are mimicking what you do, not just what you say, so if you are in prayer, outreach, etc, they will copy, and be full on.

Anyway - Gotta go. God Bless!!

Nick.

www.waymanmitchell.com www.pottershouse.com
Go to Top of Page

maffio
Lieutenant

Australia
28 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2007 :  21:28:52  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
here in sydney the standards of ministry are:-
1. dont own and dont watch TV
2. dont go to the movies
3. you need to have a web blocker on your computer for the internet and have someone like a parent or a friend to set the password
4. be at church and be involved
5. pray and read your bible
those are the basic stuffs but there are the blank obvious ones of no p**nography, witchcraft and all that other obvious stuff

got enymore questions???

btw which pottershouse churches do yall go 2???

LUKE 16:10
those who are faithful in the small things god will trust in the big things!
Go to Top of Page

ptero
Lieutenant

26 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2009 :  21:59:37  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
You marry the girl because you love her - not because you want to get into ministry.

If its not out of love - it will end in tears.
Go to Top of Page

repco
Lieutenant

43 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2009 :  22:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a simple guide.

Legal eligibility in your state.
Find a partner who wants to marry you. (this is critical)
Make partner aware of any medical (potentially fatal, cant have kids etc.) pre-existing conditions
Have been faithful in church service for at least six months while dating.
Find a pastor who wants to marry you two (his blessing).
Have a car
Have a place ready to live away from family.
You are both free from debt.
You both have some savings (it does not need to be much)
You both do not even concede that divorce is valid (not ever on the cards)
You both agree on the family to be (you have talked before hand about kids)
You have also shared with each other all that God has laid upon your heart (where you feel God is leading you - no suprises later on)
Have a job that can support 2 people.
If possible have a good medical plan on your job.

And somewhat most importantly in terms of God's blessing on the unioun -- you both faithfully tithe

Have I missed anything.
Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  09:26:08  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Very practical repco, thanks for your listed points, having quite a number of girls, I whole heartedly agree, In Australia though the medical plans are not handled by the employers, so it is an option for private health Insurance.

Thanks from Kev - Forum and Site Admin
Go to Top of Page

griller
Lieutenant

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  09:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't got to Potters House but I think there are some rules listed above that are a little "interesting".

Not too sure about the "not being in debt part". I am in debt, on a house or two (which are investments) I think any girl would want that kind of security. I do! :) I also have a couple of credit cards, that come in handy now and again.

And I think "finding a partner that wants to marry you is self evident", especially if you consider the alternative (find a partner who doesn't want to marry you! :) )

Of course, if you're only 18 or 19 maybe a house is out of the question. Though, in saying that, I do know a girl who is not yet 21 and she has a house. That is a debt to her! But it's also an investment.

Savings is important and I would suggest the more you have the better.

Edited by - griller on 07 Jan 2009 09:28:39
Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  09:31:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I really dont think that a reasonable mortgage debt is what he means - as it is clearly an asset.

Credit Cards however - I would think that maybe 1 that has been paid off in full monthly
This a day and an age where you cant do business or even pay some bills without them.
I hate Credit Cards as much anyone - trust me be a wise steward with them if you have to have them.

Thanks from Kev - Forum and Site Admin
Go to Top of Page

griller
Lieutenant

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  11:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything is a tool and used well is an asset. Any tool (incl. Credit cards) used unwisely will become a problem. I don't think credit cards are to be hated, we are so black and white sometimes. They are a useful tool when used correctly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects © 2005 to 2018 forumsau.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.                        You must Register and Confirm your email, and then log in first before posting! Snitz Forums 2000