hi there - I am here - we have just been very busy

Thanks from Kev - Forum and Site Admin
Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2006 :  08:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess you could say me too! Don't worry, I'm not upset or anything...lol.

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2006 :  22:38:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I'm here! Whatcha wanna talk about?

Nick
www.forumsau.com

www.waymanmitchell.com www.pottershouse.com
Go to Top of Page

InTheShadows
Lieutenant Commander

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  07:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(scratches head....)Hmmmm.....

Someone stole my sig
Go to Top of Page

gdmacd
Lieutenant

Canada
39 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  23:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
seriously,why isnt there more ppl on this forum?U should advertise or something,u know to friends and stuff.

Jesus loves me.Ok,he loves u too.
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  16:47:07  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
It is only quite new.

Nick.

www.waymanmitchell.com

Go to Top of Page

gdmacd
Lieutenant

Canada
39 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  22:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well,it still wouldnt hurt to tell ppl bout it.

Jesus loves me.Ok,he loves u too.
Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2006 :  01:45:02  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
will do - is it getting busier yet?

Go to Top of Page

skitso6
Midshipman

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  14:14:06  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
hey are most people on here from the potters house??dont you rekon that it is such a lovely church?? =)

*-*skitso6*-*
Go to Top of Page

nick
Commander

Australia
240 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2006 :  15:37:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Yeah. Are you in Rick Creamers church? My Pastor is from Geraldton and Rick is his pastor, so he is like my grandad pastor, if you know what I mean! I went to Gero about 7 years ago, it is a nice place, a little dry, but very nice beaches. Yeah the Potter's House rocks!

Anyway, welcome to the group! Pleae tell us about yourself, like your testimony and what Jesus has done in your life! There is a new members introduction section here; http://forumsau.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86

Nick.

Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2009 :  19:03:04  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Fadi
Lieutenant Commander

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2009 :  20:18:03  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
?!

If it is not truthful and not helpful, donít say it. If it is truthful and not helpful, donít say it. If it is not truthful and helpful, donít say it. If it is truthful and helpful, wait for the right time.

Pride is concerned with who is right.
Humility is concerned with what is right.
Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2009 :  20:22:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
sorry - i was just testing the ability to post pictures - as you know i am adding more forums and subjects and straightening up a few old ones, and tweeking things a little.

No offence meant, nor comment sort. I am glad someone is watching though.

Go to Top of Page

Fadi
Lieutenant Commander

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2009 :  00:17:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Hello Kev,
I want to know something from you before I type another word elsewhere. I respect that you are the man in charge here and I did NOT come here to upset anyone or hurt anyoneís feelings. In fact it was the article written by Rev. Jonny Lee Clary that got me here. He called it IS ISLAM A SATANIC CULT OF THE DAMNED? So I thought if this was a Christian forum all about Jesus (PBUH), then how did this fit in? Thatís what got me interested.

As you are probably aware, I have been exchanging / sharing my thoughts and comments with two fine gentlemen of this forum namely: Mr. Kevin Kelly and Davo. Now when I try to get into the forum, Iím automatically directed to the ďare you new page?Ē As you can see, I have gotten around that (but like Iíve said, I didnít come here to cause problems or be judgmental over my Christian brothers and sisters). Do I have to be a Christian to join your forum? I know Davo is not, but weíve been having some great (I thought) exchanges amongst ourselves (Kevin, Davo, and I).

So please Kev, if your intention was to get rid of me, Iíll leave quietly. But I would have preferred you said: ďwe donít want Muslims hereĒ, or something to that effect. I would not want to be where I was not welcomed. And there wonít be any hard feelings; youíll still be my brother in humanity. After all, it was the same Creator who made us both, so irrespective whether we see Him in a same light or not, weíll always be brothers in humanity if not in faith.

May God bless you mate and I await your further instructions.

If for some reason I have misread your intentions about getting rid of me, then Iím sincerely sorry brother.

Fadi.

If it is not truthful and not helpful, donít say it. If it is truthful and not helpful, donít say it. If it is not truthful and helpful, donít say it. If it is truthful and helpful, wait for the right time.

Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2009 :  00:38:03  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
a380 - at first I was surprised at your multiple attempts to setup a login with the different aircraft names, my suspicions arise because of the 911 problem in the states, and the fact you stated you were a muslim. However you have conducted yourself well and are most welcome here, I too am learning about some of your thoughts and I do think it is important that Christians understand to a certain level, that not all muslims want to harm them or prostlise. I am firmly a Christian and my whole life is now based around this, I was a terrible heathen until 11 years ago and Jesus has made this change in me.

As you can see the forums are changing slowly - there will still be a Christian Forum but there will be many more forums as well - there will be some shuffling around - and all people out there can have there say if something should be deleted or moved somewhere more appropriate. The Potters House sections will be going as I no longer attend that church, unless there is another moderator who does go to the church and is willing to take over the moderation.

a380 if it were my intentions to get rid of you, then you would be gone - so dont worry - i generally warn people first or edit or delete offending posts - before getting to the radical step of banning.

Actually I wish a lot more Christians were as balanced and tactful and non aggressive as you a380, This forum is for healthy non heated debate about Christianity and your words and concerns are being heard.

So to the Christians out there lets be real, and walk the walk not just talk the talk, and be seen acting and being Christian Like (ie followers and imitators of Christ)

Also the whole forums are now open to all people and the modus operandi is now subject based, which means rather than be a exclusive forum - I wish to create a inclusive forum, that anyone who is genuinly interested in a subject is welcome to post and be apart of the forum community here.

Go to Top of Page

Fadi
Lieutenant Commander

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2009 :  04:55:34  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Dear Kev,

Thank you brother for putting my mind at ease and thank you for welcoming me, I truly appreciate it.

Now re the a380 name, you really made me laugh when you associated my attempts to join the forum with the 911 incident! I thought WOW, ME! Let me make it quite clear from the outset that I deplore any violent act against any civilian population irrespective by whom and against whom. Actually Iím totally against the killing of any living creature, be it an ant or a man. No, Iím not a vegetarian, I was just relating the acts of violence against the innocents and the defenseless being is totally unacceptable. I was brought up seeing dead people whilst going to school at the age of 10 back in war torn Lebanon, (something a child should never see), so I understand perfectly what killing is all about. But you still made me laugh, and for that I give you a hug!

Coming back to the multiple attempts to setup a login name, I actually donít like this entire names people give themselves on different forums and have attempted to use my real name (Fadi) from the first go, but was denied for some reason, hence the a380. In case youíre wondering, I did learn to fly, but not the a380, (now that would be something!). I always wanted to be a commercial pilot but it was not meant to be; I accept that. Flying is a passion and a fascination that Iíve always had.

You should be very proud that you are firmly a Christian now Kev, and because Christian means the follower of Christ (PBHU) in my humble understanding, you should be a very happy man that you were as you put it ďa terrible heathen.Ē God loves those who repent and come to him more than those who have always been ďgoodĒ. After all, it was Jesus (PBUH) in Luke 15:11-32 who gave that most powerful and tremendously moving parable of the lost son, (the prodigal son) and the way he was welcomed by the father. Now if that tear jerker doesnít move you and make you proud to have made the move to where youíre at now, then not much else would (and Iím a firm Muslim saying that Kev). If you have been following my posts, youíll learn that I appreciate truth where ever truth is found. Kev, I donít need to tell you that you have some amazingly moving passages running throughout the bible, if only people would read and ponder. Iím not here scratching your back to get some prize. It would be hypocritical of me to say that we donít have our differences; we do. But even a husband and wife have differences, itís how and what you do with these differences that really matters and determine the outcome. We can kill each other over them (like some are doing), or we can take a more civilised and Godly approach.

Kev, if you have the power to delete away this a380 name and replace it with my real name, I would really appreciate it brother.

My real and full name is Fadi Chemaissem. Actually you can google it if you wish. I am a former Olympic weightlifting champion who has represented this beautiful country back at the 1984 World Juniors. I did not win gold, silver, or Bronze; but managed a 7th place nonetheless. Although I came from Lebanon as a child of 12 back in August of 1977, I get goose bumps when I hear the Australian national anthem played. That makes me a real Aussie I believe.

This is becoming more and more of an introduction post isnít it? Iím married (have been for 20 years), and have four female miracles at home waiting for me after work. Of course, with my lovely wife, Iím surrounded by 5 females. I need 4 male cats to shift the balance hey Kev!

This is the second forum and only religious one Iíve been to. The other forum I belong to is a fitness forum, where I give advice and help anyone and everyone with anything fitness and nutrition. I hope I havenít bore you with all of this information brother, so thank you kindly again, and please donít forget the a380 thing if itís at all possible to have it replaced with Fadi

Fadi.

Edited by - Fadi on 06 Jul 2009 02:53:44
Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  11:17:06  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Hello Fadi,

I can relate to your girls at home - I too had 3 daughters, a wife and a niece living at home, so i was the only male, the two eldest daughters have recently been married so ony three girls left at home. I got my male company from other christian brothers and some work mates.

I found the girls really easy to bring up - well my wife did nearly all the work, but if we had 4 boys instead of girls, think of the none stop dangers of bringing them up, just keeping them alive is hard - see the pictures below and add another 2 other diverse dangerous situations, every 2 hours or so everyday - then you got boys. LOL.

Well i have not been in contact with anyone else who has competed in the olympics - so well done, I am sure you know your fitness and excercise topics. If you ever want to start your own fitness or weightlifting forum on here just let me know and i will set it up and you will be the moderator - I can see you have a good temperate attitude - so you will be good as a moderator.

Ok now more serious.
I will change your details as requested, however you are able to change your own details too. all except the login. so next time login with fadi and your standard password.

Go to Top of Page

Fadi
Lieutenant Commander

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  12:03:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
The possible disaster in these photos is terrifying to say the least! I'll stick with the girls. seriously Kev, I've never seen this before; terrifying!

Thanks for changing my name. Would it be too much to ask to make that a capital F please Kev? Iíd really appreciate it if itís not too much trouble.

Iíve represented Australia at the 1984 world championships and not the Los Angeles Olympics where Dean Lukin won the gold in the super heavies. I just thought Iíd clarify that, (I wouldnít want to take credit where and when I did NOT deserve it).

As far as starting up a new forum; I find myself very heavily involved already with this forum: http://forum.foodforgrowth.com.au/index.php
So Iím not really sure if I can handle another one. Having said that, I love nothing more than to help people and share as much of the knowledge that I was blessed to acquire over the past 29 years. What Iím saying here Kev is that you know more than me how this thing will work. My strength is in answering questions etc. You can check this out to see what Iím talking about: http://forum.foodforgrowth.com.au/index.php?topic=563.15

Thank you so much for everything brother, you're a gem Kev.

Fadi.

Edited by - Fadi on 06 Jul 2009 12:07:29
Go to Top of Page

kevtherev
Forum Admin

Australia
354 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  12:14:58  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Ok Fadi - the name is changed

just say the word if you do want to have your own forum.

Good Pic - you look really ripped there - ok Australian Championships - got it now - still pretty impressive.

I went to the other forum - i gotta say you are hard core into helping people - i take my hat off to you - and your advice is excellent - you are not an average australian - but a servant leader who selflessly helps encourages other, a true testimony.

Christians this guy deserves respect, as a person who actually does things as apart from just talking the talk - so i challenge you all to be absolutely real in your faith, and be people that get involved and actually help and encourage others, and also to be civil and caring in your speech and communications.

Go to Top of Page

Fadi
Lieutenant Commander

Australia
84 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  13:42:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Youíre lightning quick Kev, thank you my friend. Letís give this forum a go then. God Willing, Iíll do my best to balance between the two forums and with God's help, I'd be able to do justice btween them. Itís all about giving back what God has blessed me with, and what this wonderful country has giving me and is giving my daughters. Australia is really the land of opportunities Kev.

The Holy Bible says in Luke 6:38: ďGive, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." That to me means the following: giving is receiving when itís done with honesty and for Godís sake.

However Iím not expecting to receive from men, nor I am in anticipation for any reciprocation from my fellow human beings.

The Holy Qurían says in Surah 2:3 ďÖWho believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;Ē this means that ALL bounties proceed from God, and we are to use all in humility and moderation. But we are also to give out of every one of them something that contributes to the well-being of others. We are to be neither ascetics nor luxurious sybarites; neither selfish misers nor thoughtless prodigals.

God Bless,
Fadi.

Edited by - Fadi on 06 Jul 2009 13:44:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumsAU.com - Forums in Australia for all people & subjects © 2005 to 2018 forumsau.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.                        You must Register and Confirm your email, and then log in first before posting! Snitz Forums 2000